We all like to picture ourselves as making a contribution.
Even something that may seem small can make a big impact. For a hospital patient, a smile and a few words of encouragement can make a difference. Volunteers help make that difference. By offering their time, our volunteers provide support, encouragement and a fresh perspective to patients and the hospital. In return, volunteers become part of our family, and they join the team of doctors, nurses, staff and others who make our patients feel at home.
The Volunteers at Lake Cumberland Regional hospital provide service and support to patients and their families, hospital staff, guest, medical staff, vendors, other volunteers, and the community in general. Our volinteer staff strive both compliment and supplement the goals and objectives of Lake Cumberland Regional Hospital by providing compassionate care as they assist in promoting customer satisfaction
Each of our adult volunteers completes an interview, orientation, and training for their particular position. While volunteer schedules may vary, usual hours of service are from 8:00am - 4:00pm, with each volunteer serving a four hour shift.
Health Career Explorers
Young persons interested in health related careers can take part in this exciting program that allows them to explore the world of healthcare. Explorers
allows youth to gain practical knowledge of and experience in a career. In addition, they have opportunities to take on leadership roles and to engage in learning activities with medical professionals.
Who can Participate?
What do Explorers do?
- Young men & women who are 15-20 years old, or
- 14 years old and have completed 8th grade.
What is the cost involved?
- Explorers meet bi-monthly to plan activities and learn about healthcare fields from professionals.
- Explorers are able to choose a unit in the hospital in which they would like to volunteer. They learn about the medical field of their interest by working alongside our staff.
- Dues are $16 per year. There may be additional fees for joining mid year.
- We ask that each youth wear a yellow polo shirt with the LCRH logo while volunteering. More information is given about purchasing these shirts during orientation class.
For more information, or to ask about upcoming orientation classes for Explorers, please call:
Melissa LancasterQuestions about volunteering? Click here to send an e-mail to our volunteer opportunity contact
Health Ministries Coordinator
Lake Cumberland Regional Hospital
We look forward to hearing from you!