MedPark West Surgery
A department of Lake Cumberland Regional Hospital.
At MedPark West Surgery (MPWS) we are committed to providing you with excellent care and service.
We strive to provide quality care to our patients and their families in a convenient outpatient setting. Our team of Nurses and Anesthesia Providers will work alongside your Physician to provide state-of-the-art surgical care.
MPWS is conveniently located at 30 MedPark Drive, just off Hail Knob Road in Somerset. MPWS became a department of Lake Cumberland Regional Hospital in 2014. We offer a spacious and convenient free parking lot with a large covered canopy for patient drop-off and pick-up. With ease of access and a comfortable environment, we strive to make your visit as comfortable as possible.
For any questions, please call 606-679-9322.
What to bring with you:
- Someone to stay at MPWS during your procedure and drive you home
- Any paperwork that you receive from the doctor's office
- Insurance information, power of attorney, guardianship documents, or living will
- Picture I.D.
- Reading glasses, if you use them. You will be reading and signing consents and other paperwork
- List of current medications, including over-the-counter or herbal medicines taken. This list should include the name, strength and how often you take the medication.
- If you have an implanted electronic device, such as a pacemaker or defibrilator, medication pump or deep brain stimulator, please bring any information regarding this to your appointment.
Before your visit:
A few days before your surgery date, an Admissions Clerk will call to verify your address, birthdate, social security number, insurance information and to discuss payment options if a balance will be owed. A Nurse will also call you one to two days before your surgery date to ask about your medical history and to review your medicines. Please be ready to provide name, strength and how often you take each medication.
Please remember - do not eat or drink after midnight prior to your surgery.
During your stay, please speak up and ask any questions you may have. Our entire team will be involved in providing excellent care and service throughout your visit. We will verify the procedure with you several times before surgery. Nurses, Anesthesia Providers and your Surgeon will talk with you before you are taken to surgery.
When your procedure is finished, the Surgeon will talk with your family or friend who accompanied you. In the Recovery Room, we will give you pain medicine, as needed, and will provide you with something to drink. One family member or friend will also be allowed to join you at that time. Most patients are ready to go home within 1 to 2 hours post-operatively.
When you are ready to leave, we will review post-op instructions and information about your medications with you. We will also make a follow-up appointment with your Surgeon, for your convenience.
Thank you for allowing us to be of service to you.