As Lake Cumberland Regional Hospital welcomes patients back into our facilities for a full range of healthcare services, we are putting your safety first. Updated visitor guidelines are in place for patients in the hospital, including the Emergency Department, and all staff and visitors are required to wear protective masks. Learn more about all that we’re doing to ensure a safe place of care for you and your loved ones.
Senior Friends at Lake Cumberland Regional Hospital
Senior Friends is a national, not-for-profit organization created to provide measurable benefits for people 50 and over. Lake Cumberland Regional Hospital offers a local chapter of Senior Friends.
Our Senior Friends Hospital Staff is Here for You.
The Senior Friends staff is eager to assist you. Do you have questions? Send an e-mail to:
Senior Friends Advisor
Send an e-mail
- Bingo • Last Friday, monthly
- Birthday Party • 4th Thursday, monthly 2:00 - 4:00 p.m.
- Dine with the Docs • 2nd Tuesday, monthly 6:30-7:30 p.m.
- Get Acquainted Brunch • 2nd Wednesday, monthly 10:00 a.m.
- Line Dancing • Intermittent 6-week classes Call 678-3274 for dates
- Mature Driving Course • Annual - reduces insurance rates - Call for dates
- Monthly Meetings • 3rd Tuesday, interesting, entertaining speakers/program
- Movie 'n Munch • 3rd Thursday, monthly 1:30 p.m.
- Senior Fun & Fitness Class • Intermittent 6-week classes Call 678-3274 for dates
Senior Friends VIP Privileges – (when you are a LCRH patient)
- Healthcare Services: Regular free health screening opportunities - free FLU SHOTS! (Some restrictions apply.)
- Discounted Meals: When you eat in the Lake Cumberland Regional Hospital dining room, you get a 20% Discount on your meal - anytime!
- Complimentary Meal Plan: Your spouse or caregiver is entitled to a complimentary meal ticket each day you are in the hospital (value $5 per day).
- Room Upgrade: Senior Friends members may receive a complimentary room upgrade - from semi-private to a private room at no additional cost - based on the availability of private rooms.
- Assistance with Insurance Claims: If you need assistance in filling out insurance claim forms, or explanation of bills, E.O.B.'s and Medicare reports, our Insurance Specialist is available to help.
Additional Member Benefits:
- AIR AMBULANCE - Discount on medical air transportation.
- BOOKS - Up to 70% off hardcover books. Great selection!
- INSURANCE - Automobile, homeowner, motor home, travel trailer and other personal insurance at association prices.
- EYE CARE - Discounts on exams and eye wear.
- RETIREMENT & FINANCIAL PLANNING - A free 7 hour seminar (and workbook) available at many local chapters.
- LONG TERM CARE - Quality insurance product at association prices.
- MAGAZINE - National distribution of Friends Magazine, free to members.
- MOTOR CLUB - Discount for road service and other travel related benefits.
- MOVING - Discounted moving services.
- NEWSLETTERS - Wellness articles, chapter activities.
- PHARMACY PROGRAM - Mail order prescriptions at member prices.
- PREFERRED TRAVEL AND TOURS - Special Senior Friends travel opportunities to make new friends and explore exciting destinations.
- SECURITY SYSTEM - Personal alert system at member prices.
- VOLUNTEER OPPORTUNITIES - Your time, talent and special touch are greatly needed. In return, members enjoy new friendships and a great deal of personal satisfaction.
- OTHER BENEFITS INCLUDE - Special prices on auto rentals, hotels and flowers. Local chapter activities, when available, such as lunch bunch, supper clubs, exercise programs and wellness seminars.