- After the procedure is done, the doctor may talk to your family in the lobby or wait and talk to you and your family when you are awake in the recovery room.
- A family member will be allowed in the recovery room to assist you in dressing and to receive your verbal and written discharge instructions.
- You cannot drive or operate heavy equipment for 24 hours after your procedure due to the anesthesia medicine you received for your procedure.
- You should not sign any legal documents or make any important decisions for 24 hours.
- You should not be home alone after the procedure, and we recommend that you have someone to remain with you.
- When you are ready to leave, you may still feel drowsy. It is our goal to expedite your visit with us in the most efficient manner possible while keeping your safety in mind. Before you leave, your nurse will review home instructions.
- If you have any questions after arriving home, please contact us at 606.678.9688.
- If it is after hours, please call the hospital at 606.679.7441 to reach the physician on call. If you experience problems after your procedure and cannot reach your physician, please return to the nearest emergency room
- A nurse will attempt to contact you the day after your procedure to check on you and answer any questions you may have.
- Your needs and concerns are very important to us, so at any time before, during, or after your visit, please don’t hesitate to call us with any questions.